Our Democratic Leaders are Disgusting Human Beings
It’s now day 4 of the Senate Committee Hearings of SCOTUS Nominee Amy Coney Barrett and we’ve again seen the nasty side of our Democratic political leaders. While this hearing process is supposed to be a bipartisan attempt to asking questions to vet an incoming SCOTUS nominee, the entire Left (just about every single Democrat) has attacked ACB over things that should not have even been brought up in these hearings. Dozens of questions concerning her faith as a devote Christian, attacks on her 7 children, including the 2 children she and her husband adopted and happen to be Black. Democrat Senator of Hawaii Mazie Hirono asked if she has ever committed sexual assault, “Since you became a legal adult, have you ever made unwanted requests for sexual favors or committed any verbal or physical harassment or assault of a sexual nature?”. Corey Booker asked her “So you condemn White Supremacy?’ when he’s well aware that she adopted and is raising two black children. The PC Police gave her hell when she used the term “sexual preference,” instead of “sexual orientation.”
Democrats are saying the process is ‘illegal’ for Trump to do at this time due to how close the elections are, but they had no problem stating the complete opposite when Obama himself did it (See Video Below). You can play videos side by side of each Democrat contradicting themselves on the subject depending on who was President at the time. It was OK for Obama to do it, but it’s illegal for Trump to do it. Hypocrisy at it’s finest.
VIDEO : 2020 Democrats Should Listen To 2016 Democrats! Supreme Court :
Here’s more of the Left back in 2016 :
‘I made it absolutely clear that I would go forward with the confirmation process as chairman even a few months before a presidential election,’ Biden said in 2016, adding that the Senate has a ‘constitutional duty’ to fulfill the vacancy on the court. Shortly after RBG’s passing, and borrowing a popular Obama phrase, he said, ‘Let me be clear: the voters should pick a president, and that president should select a successor.’
Sen. Chuck Schumer was also on the record numerous times in 2016 calling for the Senate to ‘do its job’: ‘In order for justice to remain a pillar of this nation we must have a functioning judicial branch. The #SCOTUS must have nine.’ Speaker Nancy Pelosi similarly said, ‘The American people expect Merrick Garland, the President’s nominee, to be given a fair hearing and a timely vote in the Senate. The Senate should do their job.’
Members of the Senate Judiciary Committee also held this line after Scalia’s passing. Here’s a non-exhaustive list:
- Senator Dianne Feinstein: ‘We were sent to Washington to serve our constituents for six years. That includes considering nominees to the Supreme Court.’
- Senator Patrick Leahy: ‘It would be totally irresponsible for us to wait that long.’
- Senator Dick Durbin: ‘In a few weeks the Supreme Court will start its new term with eight justices. We need nine. Major legal questions are hanging in limbo because the court is deadlocked on 4-4 votes.’
- Senator Cory Booker: ‘The Senate has no excuse to ignore, blockade, or stonewall consideration of this nominee’
- Senator Chris Coons: ‘The Constitution says that the president shall nominate and the Senate shall provide advice and consent. Advice and consent does not consist of simply putting your hands over your ears and saying “nah-nah-nah-nah-nah, we refuse to even have a hearing,” no matter who the nominee is’
- And Senator Richard Blumenthal, who said he will ‘fight like hell’ against Trump’s nominee (though certainly not as hard as he did in Vietnam) said in 2016, ‘There’s a duty to fill that vacancy, to make the system work.’
End the sham of a ‘hearing’ and put it to Vote already. There should be enough Republicans to vote her right in. … Opinions ?? Drop your comments below.